Terms and conditions
Our General Trade Terms
While it might feel a bit time-consuming to read the fine print, we do believe it is the best way to manage expectations and avoid any surprises. Our terms of trade set out what we will deliver to you and what we expect from you. The last thing we want is a mismatch in understanding and a poor outcome between us.
We believe in providing great service, and we take pride in our standards. The terms of trade below serve as the criteria for all of the work we carry out. These terms override any agreements made in person, over the telephone, or in any other communication.
When we carry out work for you or on your behalf, you agree to uphold your obligations under these terms of trade.
If you have any questions please contact us on our office phone number (+6495538050) or in writing via email ([email protected]). If you are unhappy with the work we provide, or have any problems or comments, please let us know immediately. We will do our best to fix any problems right away. If you do not give us feedback or if you delay payment, it makes it difficult for us to put things right.
We take pride in what we do and our referrals to new business are almost always from those who’ve enjoyed the experience of working with us.
You can contact us the following ways:
Office Number +64 9 553 8050
Email [email protected]
Support [email protected]
Accounts [email protected]
Our Charges – Time & Materials
Technical Labour $185 + GST per hour
Consulting Services $185 + GST per hour
Audit Services $185 + GST per hour
After Hours – Scheduled (min. 72 hours notice) $295 + GST per hour, minimum one hour
Scheduled After Hours (min. 72 hours notice) 12am-6am $345 + GST per hour, minimum one hour
After Hours – Unscheduled $345 + GST per hour, minimum one hour
Cancellation Fee (cancelled within 24 hours of booking) $99 + GST
Onsite Fee – Auckland (20km of Auckland CBD) $99 + GST
After Hours Onsite Fee – Auckland (within 20km of Auckland CBD) $199 + GST
After Hours Fees
We define our normal hours of business from 8.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday. Work done outside of these hours is subject to different fee structures as stated above.
An onsite fee applies when a visit is required. This charge is used to cover the cost of running vehicles.
Parking Permits/Tolls/Paid Parking
If in the course of undertaking work for you, we are required to pay for parking or any other vehicle travel costs, these will be passed on to you.
In some circumstances, if travel is required to a site located further than 20km from the Auckland CBD, you may be liable for additional onsite travel fees.
After Hours Work
If, in the course of a job, you ask us to do work which falls outside of normal working hours, we will have to charge you additional fees. If it has been arranged as a call-out, call-out fees will be applied. These charges are mentioned in the chart above.
Subscription, license and fees for recurring services that are added or entered into during a month will be charged out in full for that month.
Deductions or cancellations to recurring services during a month will be reflected in the following months invoice.
Our business services are a calendar month commitment so we are unable to provide part-month subsidies for services/licences/subscriptions that are entered into or removed during a month.
Support for Third Party Services
We charge for the labour associated with any brokerage of support between end-users and platforms/vendors (such as Microsoft/Office 365) on a regular per-hour basis. In most cases, we are unable to provide prioritised support with these vendors for specific issues or end users, we are subject to their regular triage and response time.
We are always happy to reschedule an appointment free of charge.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please provide us with at least 24 hours notice.
A cancellation fee of $99 + GST may apply to appointments that are not cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the original booking.
All prices quoted are exclusive of GST, unless otherwise (and specifically) stated.
Freight and Storage
You are liable for all freight charges incurred when goods are supplied. This may include urgent delivery fees or travel associated with delivering goods.
We may be required to charge for storage costs if required.
Recycling and Waste Disposal
We work with e-waste and recycling providers where possible to reduce the environmental impact of disposed I.T. equipment and packaging.
In most instances waste disposal charges will be invoiced to you to cover these costs.
Equipment recovered for e-waste disposal is not held for any retention period. If a retention is requested we require the associated storage costs to be paid, and the arrangement to be organised prior to recovery.
Please ensure any leased equipment is clearly marked so it is not accidently disposed of.
Full data destruction is not guaranteed unless specifically requested, and these services will be contracted to a third party specialist for certified destruction.
For call-out jobs and emergency jobs, payment is due when the work is complete, unless we have made other arrangements. If you have been sent an invoice, payment is due as per the payment date on the invoice.
Once your job is complete, you will be sent a final invoice by email.
Please let us know before work commences if you would prefer an invoice to be mailed to you, as our default communication is email.
We accept payment by bank transfer and Credit Card (regular card payment surcharges apply). We do not accept cash or cheques.
We do not allow companies or construction groups to withhold funds for project invoices as fixed-term retainers. Our quotation exclude retained payments and our invoices are required to be paid in their entirety.
Progress invoices are claims for work done on site, before the entire project is completed. This covers materials procured and labour for work done to date. The cost of materials and the amount of time spent on your project will dictate whether you will be sent progress invoices.
As part of our agreement, you accept to pay these progress invoices when they are due. You understand that you cannot withhold payment for any reason.
If for any reason work has paused on your project, you can request an invoice to settle the account by calling the office.
We reserve the right to stop work if progress payments have not been made.
Products returned may be subject to freight and restocking fees. You agree to bear the cost for any restocking fees or the full price of the item if a supplier rejects an item’s return.
Discounts applied to your account are administered at our discretion.
Discounts may be revoked and the full amount may be charged to you if an invoice remains unpaid after the due by date.
If you need to discuss any aspect of payment, please contact us immediately.
If you are dissatisfied with the invoice, it is your responsibility to contact us immediately.
Any dispute needs to be raised and substantiated, in writing or by email, within 14 days of the invoice receipt.
You are required to cover the debt collection costs associated with unpaid accounts. This includes any costs and reasonable charges by third party agencies (i.e. debt collectors) in the pursuit of the outstanding amount. You are also liable for any labour or administration costs associated with the recovery, or resulting from the recovery.
All goods remain our property until payment is made in full. You agree to allow our access (or that of a third party) if we deem that uplift is required.
You are liable for any costs associated with debt collection, the recovery of goods, or any costs we reasonably incur while in the pursuit of any outstanding payment.
We are not responsible, liable or required to provide any remediation in the event that goods are recovered or services are suspended in the event of non-payment.
General requests for any billable work, equipment or service procurement must come from the authorised contacts on an account.
Non-urgent requests should always be made through the Client Portal.
Urgent requests raised through the Client Portal should always be followed up by phone contact to our team.
Should an emergency or other urgent matter be raised by a non-authorised contact or notification/alert(i.e. site outage), our team reserves the right to triage and engage at our discretion; if we deem sensible or necessary.
Please ensure you give us as much information as possible when raising a request.
Include the following details:
- What is the issue, specifically?
- What is the background to the issue, if relevant?
- What steps have been taken to try and rectify the issue?
- What happened when you tried to resolve the issue?
- How long has the issue been happening?
- Are there any relevant error messages?
- Where is the user/s or the devices in question?
Note: It is important to include the full contact details of a team member with the issue so we are able to efficiently assist.
Our response priorities are defined by the following levels:
Critical: Whole organisation offline.
High: Office offline.
Medium: Large group of users affected, highly impacting team or business productivity.
Low: General support.
Note: Incorrectly prioritised requests incur all costs associated, regardless of actual priority.
Note: Critical, high and medium priority issues must be followed up by a phone call/direct contact with our team once the request is lodged.
These are the terms and conditions on which Tier1 Technical Limited (“tier1”, “tier1.nz”) offers its Goods and Services. These terms are divided into four parts: (1) general terms; (2) terms relating to the supply of Goods; (3) terms relating to the rental of Goods; and (4) terms relating to the supply of Services. By contracting with Tier1 Technical Limited you accept all of these terms.
1. The following definitions are used in these terms:
“Authorised Representative” means any of the Chief Executive Officer, the Financial Controller, any Director, and any General Manager of Tier1 Technical Limited.
“Contract” means the contract for the sale or rental of Goods or the supply of Services from Tier1 Technical Limited.
“Customer” means the person buying or renting Goods or acquiring Services from Tier1 Technical Limited and its successors and assigns.
“Equipment” means plant or machinery owned by the Customer.
“Goods” means any products that the Customer purchases or rents from Tier1 Technical Limited.
“Inspection” means Tier1 Technical Limited checking the performance of a Customer’s Equipment in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
“Parties” means Tier1 Technical Limited and the Customer.
“Preventative Maintenance Contract” means a Contract whereby Tier1 Technical Limited agrees for a period to inspect and maintain agreed items of the Customer’s Equipment in good operating condition, by undertaking routine monitoring and action to remedy breakdowns.
“Preventative Maintenance Schedule” means the schedule setting out details of the Equipment to be inspected, maintenance to be carried out, service level required by the customer and Tier1 Technical Limited’s fees and prices .
“Rental Period” means the period from the time the Goods are either delivered to the Customer by Tier1 Technical Limited, or collected from Tier1 Technical Limited by the Customer until the Goods are either: (a) returned to Tier1 Technical Limited at the place of rental, (b) removed by Tier1 Technical Limited pursuant to these Terms, or (c) the Contract is terminated.
“Services” means any services that Tier1 Technical Limited supplies to the Customer and includes services provided in accordance with a Preventative Maintenance Contract.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Working Hours” means between the hours of 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
“TIER1” means Tier1 Technical Limited and its successors and assigns.
2. The Contract includes the Terms, which shall not be deemed or construed to be modified, rescinded or waived in whole or in part except by written amendment by the Parties. All other terms are expressly excluded unless they are in writing signed by both Parties.
3. All orders for Goods or Services shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to purchase or rent (as applicable) the Goods or to acquire the Services pursuant to these Terms. No order submitted by the Customer shall be deemed to be accepted by Tier1 Technical Limited unless and until confirmed in writing by an Authorised Representative.
4. No order for Goods or Services which has been accepted by Tier1 Technical Limited may be cancelled by the Customer except with the agreement in writing of an Authorised Representative on terms that the Customer shall indemnify Tier1 Technical Limited in full against all losses (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by Tier1 Technical Limited as a result of cancellation.
5. Acceptance of delivery of the Goods or provision of the Services shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Customer’s acceptance of these Terms.
6. Tier1 Technical Limited reserves the right, by giving notice to the Customer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of purchase or rental of the Goods, or the costs of the provision of the Services to reflect any increase in the cost to Tier1 Technical Limited which is due to any factor beyond the control of Tier1 Technical Limited.
7. Payment shall be deemed to be duly made by the Customer only upon Tier1 Technical Limited’s receipt of cleared funds amounting to the price of or rental for the Goods or the Services.
8. Where payment for the Goods or Services is made by way of a Letter of Credit or a Bill of Exchange with a bank, any costs, administrative or otherwise, incurred thereby shall be borne by the Customer.
9. If the Customer fails to make full payment on the due date or is otherwise in breach of its obligations under the Contract, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Tier1 Technical Limited, Tier1 Technical Limited shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further provision of Goods or Services to the Customer; recover any rented Goods from the Customer; appropriate any payment made by the Customer to such of the Goods as Tier1 Technical Limited may think fit; and charge the Customer interest (both before and after any judgement) from day to day on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 9% per month until payment in full is made together with all liabilities and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred by Tier1 Technical Limited in relation to such default and in recovering any amounts due to the Customer by Tier1 Technical Limited.
10. Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods or Services are approximate only. Tier1 Technical Limited shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods or Services however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the Contract unless previously agreed by an Authorised Representative in writing.
11. Tier1 Technical Limited shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Tier1 Technical Limited’s obligations in relation to the Goods or Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Tier1 Technical Limited’s reasonable control. If a delay occurs for any reason beyond Tier1 Technical Limited’s control, the time for providing the Goods or Services shall be extended by a reasonable period, determined by Tier1 Technical Limited.
12. The Customer shall not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to Tier1 Technical Limited by reason of any right or alleged right of set-off or counterclaim whatsoever.
13. Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by Tier1 Technical Limited shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Tier1 Technical Limited.
14. No representations or warranties concerning the Goods or Services are made by Tier1 Technical Limited unless they are confirmed in writing by an Authorised Representative. In entering into the Contract, the Customer acknowledges that it does not rely on any such representations or warranties which are not so confirmed.
15. Tier1 Technical Limited may subcontract all or part of its obligations under the Contract.
16. No waiver by Tier1 Technical Limited of any breach of the Contract by the Customer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the Contract.
17. Unenforceability of a provision of these Terms does not affect the enforceability of any other provision of these Terms.
18. The Contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
19. If the Customer is declared bankrupt, commits an act of bankruptcy, enters into a scheme or arrangement or makes any assignment for the benefit of creditors, or being a Company shall resolve to go into liquidation, have an application for its winding up filed in
any court of competent jurisdiction, enter into any scheme or arrangement or assignment or composition for the benefit of creditors, have an official manager or receiver appointed over the whole or part of its assets or undertaking, or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Tier1 Technical Limited, Tier1 Technical Limited shall be entitled to cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries under the Contract without any liability to the Customer and the price for any Goods already delivered or Services supplied shall become payable forthwith notwithstanding any agreement to the contrary. If the Goods have been supplied under a rental arrangement Tier1 Technical Limited has the right to enter the Customer’s premises, either directly or using an agent, to recover the Goods.
20. Tier1 Technical Limited may terminate the Contract by notice with immediate effect:
1. 20.1 if the Customer fails to comply with any term of the Contract or any other agreement with Tier1 Technical Limited;
2. 20.2 where Goods are being rented from Tier1 Technical Limited, if Tier1 Technical Limited believes the Goods may be at risk for any reason whatsoever, including the manner of use by the Customer, adverse weather or work conditions, or where the Customer is in default of any payment to Tier1 Technical Limited.
21. If the Customer is an individual, this clause 21 applies. Tier1 Technical Limited will obtain personal information about the Customer as part of the Contract and will collect and hold such personal information for the purpose of providing Goods and/or Services to the Customer and for the purpose of communicating with the Customer about Tier1 Technical Limited’s Goods and Services. The Customer agrees that Tier1 Technical Limited may collect, retain and use such personal information and disclose the information to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to enable Tier1 Technical Limited to exercise any of its rights under the Contract. The Customer may request access to and correction of any personal information by contacting Tier1 Technical Limited.
Supply of Goods
22. The following clauses 23 to 40 apply to Goods that have been sold or rented to a Customer.
23. The price for the Goods shall be Tier1 Technical Limited’s quoted price. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by an Authorised Representative, all prices are given by Tier1 Technical Limited on an ex-works basis excluding carriage, packing, insurance and any applicable tax or duty. Where Tier1 Technical Limited agrees to deliver the Goods otherwise than at Tier1 Technical Limited’s premises, the Customer shall be liable to pay Tier1 Technical Limited’s charges for transport, packaging and insurance.
24. Payment for the Goods is due (without any deduction) by the end of the month following invoicing unless otherwise agreed in writing by an Authorised Representative. Time for payment shall be of the essence.
25. The quantity quality and description of and any specification for the Goods shall be those set out in Tier1 Technical Limited’s quotation (if accepted by the Customer) or the Customer’s order (if accepted by Tier1 Technical Limited).
26. Tier1 Technical Limited may from time to time make changes in the quantity, quality and description of and any specification for the Goods which are required to comply with any applicable safety or statutory requirements or which do not materially affect the quality or fitness for use of the Goods.
27. Except where the Customer is a consumer (as the term ‘consumer’ is defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“the Act”)) the guarantees contained in the Act that the Goods supplied (a) are of acceptable quality (sections 6 and 7); (b) are reasonably fit for any particular purpose (section 8); (c) comply with description (section 9); (d) comply with sample (section 10); (e) are reasonable as to price (section 11); and (f) that facilities for the repair of the Goods and supply of spare parts are available (section 12) do not apply.
28. Delivery of the Goods shall be made by the Customer collecting the Goods at Tier1 Technical Limited’s premises at any time after Tier1 Technical Limited has notified the Customer that the Goods are ready for collection or, if some other place for delivery is agreed in writing by an Authorised Representative, by Tier1 Technical Limited delivering the Goods to that place.
29. Where the Goods are to be delivered in instalments, each delivery shall constitute a separate Contract and failure by Tier1 Technical Limited to deliver any one or more of the instalments in accordance with these Terms or any claim by the Customer in respect of any one or more instalments shall not entitle the Customer to treat the Contract as a whole as being repudiated.
30. If the Customer fails to take delivery of the Goods or fails to give Tier1 Technical Limited adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Customer’s reasonable control or by reason of Tier1 Technical Limited’s fault) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Tier1 Technical Limited, Tier1 Technical Limited shall be entitled to do any or all of the following at its sole discretion:–
30.1 store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Customer for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage;
30.2 take all steps it deems necessary to prevent the deterioration of the Goods and charge the Customer for the reasonable costs incurred thereby; and/or
30.3 without any reference to the Customer,
a) where the Customer fails to make full payment of the price for the Goods on the due date or is otherwise in breach of its obligations under the Contract, treat the Contract as repudiated by the Customer and to sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable or otherwise dispose of the Goods; or
b) where the Customer has made full payment of the price for the Goods on the due date and is otherwise not in breach of its obligations under the Contract, sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable or otherwise dispose of the Goods and claim any loss on resale from the Customer.
30.4 notwithstanding the Goods being sold or disposed of at a higher price, Tier1 Technical Limited shall only be obliged to account to the Customer for the price of the Goods under the Contract after deducting all reasonable storage and selling expenses.
31. The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall, within three days of delivery, notify Tier1 Technical Limited of any alleged defect or failure to comply with description or shortage in quantity. The Customer shall then afford Tier1 Technical Limited an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery and before any use is made of them. If the Customer fails to comply with these provisions, the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the Contract and free from any defect or damage or shortage and the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
32. If the Goods are not in accordance with the Contract for any reason and the Customer has duly given Tier1 Technical Limited notice thereof pursuant to Condition 31 herein, the Customer’s sole remedy shall be limited to Tier1 Technical Limited making good any alleged defect, shortage in quantity or failure to comply with description by replacing or effecting rectification of such Goods at Tier1 Technical Limited’s discretion or, if Tier1 Technical Limited shall elect, by refunding a proportionate part of the price for the Goods under the Contract.
33. Where the Customer rejects any Goods, the Customer shall have no further rights whatever in respect of the supply to the Customer of such Goods by Tier1 Technical Limited.
34. Regardless of whether the Goods have been purchased or rented from Tier1 Technical Limited, risk of damage to or loss of the Goods shall pass to the Customer:
34.1 in the case of Goods to be delivered at Tier1 Technical Limited’s premises, at the time when Tier1 Technical Limited notifies the Customer that the Goods are available for collection; or
TERMS OF TRADE
34.2 in the case of Goods to be delivered otherwise than at Tier1 Technical Limited’s premises, at the time of delivery to that place.
35. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any provisions to the contrary
1. 35.1 where the Goods have been purchased from Tier1 Technical Limited title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until Tier1 Technical Limited has received payment in full for the Goods;
2. 35.2 where the Goods have been rented from Tier1 Technical Limited title to Goods shall not pass to the Customer and instead the Customer shall be regarded as a bailee of the Goods which are owned by Tier1 Technical Limited.
36. Until such time as title to the Goods passes to the Customer, the Customer shall hold the Goods as Tier1 Technical Limited’s fiduciary agent and bailee, and shall keep the Goods separate from those of the Customer and third parties and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as Tier1 Technical Limited’s property.
37. Where Tier1 Technical Limited has reasonable cause to believe:
1. 37.1 the Customer has not strictly complied with these Terms and, in particular, default of payment in accordance with clause 24; or
2. 37.2 the Customer has or will commit an act of bankruptcy of (being a company) has had a receiver appointed or about to be appointed, or is declared insolvent;
then notwithstanding section 109 of the Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (“the PPSA”), and in addition to the rights contained in that section, Tier1 Technical Limited may recover any or all of the Goods or the mixed goods and re-sell the Goods or the mixed goods and for such purpose may at any time of the day or night enter by force if necessary upon any premises where such Goods or mixed goods are reasonably thought to be stored (and the Customer grants to Tier1 Technical Limited an irrevocable right and authority to so recover, re-enter and re- sell).
38. In exercising its rights pursuant to clause 37, Tier1 Technical Limited shall be entitled to deduct from any sale of Goods or mixed goods recovered from the Customer all the liabilities and expenses (including legal expenses) incurred by Tier1 Technical Limited in enforcing or attempting to enforce its rights.
39. In relation to the PPSA:
1. 39.1 The Customer grants to Tier1 Technical Limited a security interest in all present and after acquired Goods and their proceeds.
2. 39.2 At the request of Tier1 Technical Limited the Customer shall promptly execute any documents and do anything else required by the Vendor to ensure that the security interest created under these Terms constitute a first ranking perfected security interest over the Goods and their proceeds including providing any information Tier1 Technical Limited reasonably requires to complete a financing statement or a financing change statement. The Customer waives any right to receive a copy of a verification statement under the PPSA.
3. 39.3 The Customer will pay to Tier1 Technical Limited all costs, expenses and other charges incurred, expended or payable by Tier1 Technical Limited in relation to the filling of a financing statement or a financing change statement in connection with these Terms.
4. 39.4 Tier1 Technical Limited and the Customer also agree that nothing in sections 114(1)(a), 117(1)(c), 133 and 134 of the PPSA shall apply to these Terms.
5. 39.5 Tier1 Technical Limited and the Customer also agree that the rights of the Customer as debtor in sections 116, 119, 120(2), 121, 125, 126, 127, 129, 131 and 132 of the PPSA shall not apply to these Terms.
6. 39.6 The Customer acknowledges that it has received a copy of these Terms and in particular that the terms contained herein constitute a security agreement for the purposes of the PPSA.
40. Tier1 Technical Limited shall be entitled to recover the price for the Goods notwithstanding that property in any of the Goods has not passed from Tier1 Technical Limited.
Rental of Goods
41. The following clauses 42 to 54 apply to Goods that have been rented from Tier1 Technical Limited.
42. A Customer may rent Goods from Tier1 Technical Limited for an agreed Rental Period as specified in writing by Tier1 Technical Limited.
43. Where Goods are rented from Tier1 Technical Limited, on return of the Goods in good order and condition, the actual total charges will be calculated and the Customer agrees to pay the balance outstanding.
44. The Customer shall pay Tier1 Technical Limited as invoiced for the Rental Period for all Goods used, loss and insurance charges (if applicable), delivery/removal costs (if applicable), any damage to or loss of equipment, cleaning costs (if any), and default interest for late payment.
45. Unless otherwise agreed with Tier1 Technical Limited, delivery and removal charges are payable by the Customer and are in addition to rental charges.
46. The Customer agrees that Tier1 Technical Limited may charge extra on a pro rata basis for any Goods not returned by the end of the Rental Period. The Customer is not entitled to a refund or reduced rental charge if the Customer chooses to return the Goods to Tier1 Technical Limited before the end of the agreed Rental Period.
47. Cleaning fees will be assessed and charged if the Customer returns Goods that Tier1 Technical Limited deems (in its sole discretion) to be excessively dirty.
48. The Customer shall purchase and pay for Tier1 Technical Limited’s damage waiver insurance, as applicable unless otherwise agreed with Tier1 Technical Limited. If the Customer does not purchase such insurance, the Customer rents the Goods at its own risk and indemnifies Tier1 Technical Limited against any and all loss in respect of the Goods, including consequential loss.
49. The Customer’s obligations to pay rental charges and any other sums to Tier1 Technical Limited shall continue despite any mechanical defect in, or breakdown of, theft of, or accident or damage caused to the Goods.
50. Where Goods are rented from Tier1 Technical Limited, the Customer shall:
1. 50.1 if the Goods are intended to be used in a location or manner outside usual or ordinary use, advise Tier1 Technical Limited of the intended location and/or nature of use at the time of rental;
2. 50.2 take proper and reasonable care of the Goods and return the Goods to Tier1 Technical Limited at the end of the Rental Period in the same order and condition as at the commencement of the fire (fair wear and tear excepted);
3. 50.3 not remove, deface or obscure any marks of identification, ownership or registration, on the Goods;
4. 50.4 carry out all necessary servicing of the Goods at the Customer’s own expense unless otherwise agreed in writing with Tier1 Technical Limited;
5. 50.5 use the Goods in a lawful manner with due regard to all laws and regulations pertaining to the use of the Goods;
6. 50.6 immediately cease operating the Goods and notify Tier1 Technical Limited if the Goods are faulty, break down or if any warning light or system is activated;
50.7 notify Tier1 Technical Limited immediately if the Goods are lost, stolen or damaged and follow all reasonable instructions of Tier1 Technical Limited; and
50.8 be responsible for, and indemnify Tier1 Technical Limited for, any loss, theft or damage during the Rental Period.
51. The Customer warrants and agrees that all persons who are permitted to use the Goods are competent and qualified to use the Goods and shall use the equipment in accordance with any directions from Tier1 Technical Limited and/or the manufacturer relating to the use and safety of the Goods, and in accordance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and any other relevant legislation.
52. The Customer shall, on request from Tier1 Technical Limited, advise Tier1 Technical Limited of the location of the Goods and allow Tier1 Technical Limited reasonable time to inspect and test the Goods.
53. The Customer grants Tier1 Technical Limited, or will procure that Tier1 Technical Limited is granted, an irrevocable right and authority to enter and bring its vehicles at any time onto, the place where the Goods are to be used or located to inspect, deliver and/or remove the Goods.
54. A Customer renting Goods from Tier1 Technical Limited may not assign, sublet, charge or part with possession of the Goods but this shall not prevent employees of the Customer using the Goods in accordance with these Terms.
Supply of Services
55. Tier1 Technical Limited may agree to supply preventative maintenance services to a Customer in relation to agreed items of Equipment on terms to be specified in the Preventative Maintenance Contract which includes the Preventative Maintenance Schedule.Where a Customer requests that Tier1 Technical Limited provide the Services this may include:
55.1 carrying out Inspections at times to be agreed between Tier1 Technical Limited and the Customer;
55.2 where requested to do so by the Customer, providing an inspection report after each Inspection;
55.3 carrying out any work necessary to remedy any defects in the Equipment discovered during an Inspection within the stipulations of the Preventative Maintenance Contract, and
55.4 supplying replacement parts.
56. To enable Tier1 Technical Limited to carry out the Services, the Customer shall, on Tier1 Technical Limited’s directions and for the periods specified by Tier1 Technical Limited:
1. 56.1 take all necessary safety precautions to enable the Services to be provided;
2. 56.2 provide, free of charge and with ready access, a working space (equipped with , heat, light, ventilation, electricity) at a premises owned or occupied by the Customer where Tier1 Technical Limited can provide the Services; and
3. 56.3 provide Tier1 Technical Limited with all relevant drawings and documentation concerning the Equipment and its operation.
57. The Customer shall not allow the Equipment to be maintained, serviced or repaired by any other party while the Preventative Maintenance Contract is in force.
58. Scheduled Inspections and repairs shall be carried out as per the Preventative Maintenance Schedule. If the Preventative Maintenance Contract includes access to a 24 hour breakdown emergency service Tier1 Technical Limited will supply the Customer with an after- hours telephone number to call, which may be updated from time to time by Tier1 Technical Limited. Tier1 Technical Limited shall respond on site to any Customer request to remedy any failures of the Equipment within the target timeframe included in the Preventative Maintenance Contract.
59. The Customer shall notify Tier1 Technical Limited of any failure of the Equipment by calling 09 281 4771 during Working Hours. Outside of Working Hours Tier1 Technical Limited will provide the Customer with another telephone number to call, which may be updated from time to time by Tier1 Technical Limited. Tier1 Technical Limited shall attend to the Customer within the stated timeframe specified in the Preventative Maintenance Contract. Charges will be at standard Tier1 Technical Limited rates unless other rates have been specified in the Preventative Maintenance Contract.
60. Where an annual fee for Services has been agreed between Tier1 Technical Limited and the Customer, that fee is payable in advance in one payment on the commencement date agreed in writing between the Parties unless otherwise agreed in the Preventative Maintenance Contract. The annual fee shall cover all services specified in the Preventative Maintenance Schedule, other than those for which an additional charge is payable.
61. At least 60 days before the anniversary date of any Preventative Maintenance Contract, Tier1 Technical Limited shall notify the Customer of any changes in the annual fee to renew the contract for a further year. If the Customer does not wish to renew the Preventative Maintenance Contract for a further year the Customer must notify Tier1 Technical Limited of this in writing within 30 days of receipt of the notice of renewal from Tier1 Technical Limited, otherwise it shall be deemed to have been renewed. Following renewal the Customer must pay Tier1 Technical Limited the annual fee in accordance with these Terms and any additional terms set out in the Preventative Maintenance Contract.
62. The Customer may terminate a Preventative Maintenance Contract after the expiry of the first year of the Contract by giving not less than 30 days notice in writing to Tier1 Technical Limited. If this occurs Tier1 Technical Limited is not required to refund any fees that have been paid by the Customer.
63. Where parts and labour are chargeable in relation to the Service performed, these shall be charged at Tier1 Technical Limited’s standard list price for spare parts and labour less any deduction applicable due to maintenance contracts. The Customer accepts these charges as a pre-condition to the Services being performed.
64. Subject to any statutory provisions, if Tier1 Technical Limited is found to be liable for any loss, damage, or harm connected with the supply of the Services, Tier1 Technical Limited’s liability shall be limited to payment of a sum not exceeding the monthly fee. Tier1 Technical Limited shall not be liable to the Customer for any consequential loss or whatever nature suffered by the Customer or any other person. The Customer indemnifies Tier1 Technical Limited in respect of any loss, damage, cost or claim to it as a result of a breach of the Contract by the Customer.
65. Except where the Customer is a consumer (as the term ‘consumer’ is defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“the Act”)) the guarantees contained in the Act that the Services supplied will be (a) carried out with reasonable care and skill (section 28); (b) fit for a particular purpose (section 29); (c) guaranteed as to the time of completion (section 30); and (d) guaranteed as to price (section 31), do not apply.
66. The Customer shall comply with any instructions given by Tier1 Technical Limited from time to time concerning the maintenance or use of the Equipment and the keeping of a supply of replacement parts, and shall ensure that the Equipment and the Customer’s use of the Equipment complies with all relevant laws in existence from time to time including the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
67. If the Customer fails to give Tier1 Technical Limited at least 24 hours notice of any postponement or cancellation of any scheduled maintenance, service or repair visit, all costs and expenses incurred by Tier1 Technical Limited shall be borne by the Customer.